At RISE Services, Inc. Oregon, we believe every member of our team plays a significant role in creating opportunities for and with individuals with developmental disabilities. We understand the important job our direct support professionals play which is why we place an emphasis on taking great care of our employees. Before you apply to work with us, you may want to know what our direct support professionals actually do. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is a DSP?
A DSP, or direct support professional, provides community-based support for individuals living with developmental disabilities. Our DSPs work within all of our programs including our employment services, in-home care, and residential services. The role of a DSP is to engage with individuals and improve their quality of life by ensuring their independence, emotional safety, and physical safety.
What Do They Do?
Along with assisting people with daily living such as hygiene, meal prep, mobility, and behavioral supports, our DSPs also perform the following:
- Follow individualized plans in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Ensure that the health and safety of individuals are maintained
- Plan meaningful activities in order to promote skill development
- Communicate any issues or problems with the supervisor
- Attend staff meetings and other mandatory training
What Are the Benefits of Working at RISE?
Because we know our employees make a positive impact in the lives of our clients, we wish to provide benefits and perks that you will find very valuable. Here’s a list of the various benefits we offer:
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Vacation, sick, and personal time accrual
- Flexible schedules
- On-the-job and paid training
- Professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Referral bonus program
Apply to Work at RISE Today
If you’re looking for a rewarding and fulfilling career, you will find one here at RISE. Contact us today or visit our careers page to review the various DSP positions available. You can also watch our Realistic Job Preview video to get a better idea of what it’s like to work at RISE.